Vice President, Development
ID: FY23-4 | Custom Engineering
Pompano Beach, FL
- Responsible for executing or independently achieving project objectives by performing a variety of very complex engineering and process tasks which require in-depth and diversified technical knowledge. Duties may pertain to product design and or development, manufacturability, product quality/test, system compatibility and sales/marketing support. The design/development or process design requirement activity is at a level where no previous practice may exist and where only the general nature of the problem is known.
- This position involves project management and leadership responsibilities. Ability to synthesize initial concepts of project and determine technical principles involved. Ability to impart current technology in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for the training and development of engineering subordinates.
- US Citizen, located in the US.
- Manage the Engineering Team and appropriately distribute workload within in the group along the lines of their responsibilities.
- Provide program management for complicated projects.
- Plan, develop and coordinate large engineering projects or several smaller scale projects with many complex features.
- Translate product, process, or systems requirements into engineering principles to describe and specify required application.
- Lead team effort on engineering project and/or provide technical expertise and demonstrate proficiency in very complex issues.
- Be aware of internal and external customer concerns in the design, development, manufacturability of products and processes.
- Provide responsive customer support to our external customers.
- Synthesize initial concepts to define broader or lesser concepts.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge-base and effectiveness of the team.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensure positive working relationships in a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
Over 15 years, up to and including 20 years in an engineering environment.
Financial & Authority Scope
Proper sizing of design projects and maintaining the expected budget.
- Internal – Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensure positive working relationships in a team environment.
- External – Interface with Customers and partners. Develop vendor relationships to support products.
Judgment & Decision Making
Highly complex work performed within general department or functional policies and objectives requiring substantial original thinking. Provide direction as to assignment and general methods of execution, with periodic review of assignments.
Supervisory responsibility is required in this role. Provide technical related direction to Engineering Department staff members.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).