ID: FY23-6 | Applications
Pompano Beach, FL
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc. currently has an opening for a Full-Time Support Consultant for the Customer Services Team, located in our Pompano Beach, Florida office.
A Support Consultant will provide Concurrent customers and field personnel (worldwide) with high level systems support/analysis. The Consultant will act as single point of contact for support, field and development personnel in managing critical problems. They must address technical problems involving the integration of all Concurrent software products and their interaction with Concurrent and non-Concurrent hardware. They must develop new concepts and approaches to situations not previously encountered as required. They will act as project leader on complex/critical customer situations and/or major accounts. The Consultant is also responsible to elevate critical problems through proper channels.
- Define, analyze and resolve complex software and systems problems via telephone, remote computer link and on-site support, distinguishing between hardware and software problems and responding accordingly.
- Provide support for operating system upgrades, product and patch installations.
- Escalate critical problems through proper channels, pulling critical resources when needed and documenting problem resolution.
- Provide high level systems expertise involving integration and interplay of complex hardware, software and communications products, including the identification and resolution of complex problems involving Concurrent and non-Concurrent products.
- Develop hardware/software diagnostics and aids to facilitate systems analysis and diagnosis of complex systems problems.
- Act as project leader on major/complex consulting opportunities including investigation, feasibility studies, systems analysis, definition of user requirements, development of technical approach, testing, training and overall project control. Take responsibility for the problem, managing the situation until the problem is resolved.
- Perform training as required.
- Provide technical evaluation and input when new products are released.
- Assist from time to time in development and/or maintenance of product releases.
- Distribute software fixes to customers and field support personnel.
- Perform collateral duties as assigned that contribute to the operation of technical support.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related field of technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Five (5) or more years of Linux experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to manage complex situations and escalate customer problems when a business case dictates.
Other Preferred Skills
- Position involves frequent contact with persons both inside and/or outside the Company, or substantially higher authority, requiring considerable resourcefulness, tact, and a thorough knowledge of complex Company policies, practices and procedures. Frequent contact with customers.
- Complex work performed within general department or functional policies and objectives requiring a high degree of original thinking. Receives general direction as to broad assignments; determines methods and delivers final results.
- Must be pro-active and meticulous in continuously identifying and resolving problems.
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostics and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of working well under pressure situations independently or on a team.
- Ability to synthesize initial concepts of project and determine technical principles involved.
- Ability to impart current technology in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/ or lift up to 24 pounds.
- Based on experience and education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).