Software development work in a cutting-edge product that serves Automotive, Aerospace, and other industries. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing or independently achieving project objectives by performing a variety of engineering and process tasks which require in-depth and diversified technical knowledge.
- Customer Support – find solutions to solve customer problems in a timely manner
- Enhance and maintain Simulation Workbench and FPGA Workbench license front end and back-end systems.
- Enhance and maintain Simulation Workbench and FPGA Workbench license database.
- Enhance and maintain Simulation Workbench Release software infrastructure.
- Quality and verification of Simulation Workbench releases.
- Testing and verification of customer systems including I/O boards prior to shipment.
- Consider all systems level aspects of products in accomplishing the most complex conceptual and innovative design projects.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Employ all required section equipment, tools, and methods.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge base and effectiveness of other engineers.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensures positive working relationship.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, users’ groups.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree preferred in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience working within a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of usual programming languages, including C, C++, and Java programming.
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation, GUI programming, Swing, QT, programming a plus.
Other Preferred Skills
- Must be pro-active and meticulous in continuously identifying and resolving problems.
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostics and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong process skills and ability to identify inefficiencies.
- Must be capable of working well under pressure situations independently or on a team.
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational and analytical skills with solid ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to synthesize initial concepts of project and determine technical principles involved.
- Ability to impart current technology in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Analyze customer requirements and formulate solutions which enable the company to maximize revenue and provide solutions companies will purchase.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift up to 34 pounds occasionally.
Based on experience and education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Requirements
Pursuant to Executive Order 14042, Federal contractors and subcontractors, including Concurrent Real-Time, will be required to conform to the following workplace safety protocols:
- COVID-19 vaccination of covered contractor employees, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.
- Compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the Guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces.
- Compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the Guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces
If you have any questions, view the guidance provided by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.