As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing or independently achieving project objectives by performing a variety of complex engineering and process tasks that require in-depth and diversified technical knowledge. Duties may pertain to product design and or development, manufacturability, product quality/test, system compatibility and sales/marketing support. You must be able to maintain and develop software. This role will primarily focus on RedHawk products, contributing to the development of RedHawk Linux, RedHawk Architect and RedHawk KVM-RT.
- Primary focus is developing and supporting RedHawk Linux on 64-bit ARM-based platforms, including NVIDIA Jetson and NVIDIA Drive boards.
- Secondary focus is on creating custom RedHawk Linux solutions for 64-bit embedded platforms, including both ARM-based and Intel-based SBCs.
- Interface with and support the Manufacturing Team with various RedHawk problems as they are reported to Development.
- Assess and determine areas of current engineering emphasis in order to focus attention on maximum utilization of engineering capabilities.
- Translate future product needs into engineering feasibility and be aware of product and project issues across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Consider all systems level aspects of products in accomplishing the most complex conceptual and innovative design projects.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Employ all required section equipment, tools, and methods.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge base and effectiveness of other engineers.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensure positive working relationship.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, users’ groups.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering.
- Linux user-level experience, including commands, scripting, and software development.
- Linux kernel experience, including building and modifying kernel config files, and applying kernel patches.
- Yocto and BitBake experience with exposure to PetaLinux.
- Strong skills in C/C++ programming and Python development.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to touch type strongly preferred.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/ or lift up to 10 pounds.
- Based on experience and education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Requirements
Pursuant to Executive Order 14042, Federal contractors and subcontractors, including Concurrent Real-Time, will be required to conform to the following workplace safety protocols:
- COVID-19 vaccination of covered contractor employees, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.
- Compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the Guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces.
- Compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the Guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces
If you have any questions, view the guidance provided by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.