As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will carry on complex conceptual and innovative design assignments. You must have the ability to synthesize initial concepts of a project and determine the technical principles involved. You must also have the ability to communicate current technology in an engineering environment. As Sr. Software Engineer, you must be technically competent in multiple areas and provide strategic direction and be a strong part of technical committees.
- Primary focus is on Custom Engineering projects related to Linux Kernel and I/O Device Driver software. Automotive related device I/O component software implementations, communication protocols and driver design.
- Secondary focus is to provide technical support for software to both internal and external customers.
- Assess and determine areas of current engineering emphasis in order to focus attention on maximum utilization of engineering capabilities.
- Translate future product needs into engineering feasibility and be aware of product and project issues across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Consider all systems level aspects of products in accomplishing the most complex conceptual and innovative design projects.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Employ all required section equipment, tools, and methods.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, users’ groups.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Preferably over 5 years, up to and including 10 years in a software engineering environment.
- Must be fluent in C, C++, shell scripting, Linux OS, Linux Kernel.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift up to 34 pounds occasionally.
Based on experience and education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).