As an Application Engineer, you will drive design wins for Concurrent Real-Time’s product suite, identify opportunities, support customer evaluations and resolve any product issues that may arise in the customer’s system. The ideal candidate will work closely with the sales team in a pre-sales environment and with the technical support and development teams providing post-sales support to the customer.
- Works closely with customers to determine technical requirements, feasibility and expectations.
- Works closely with the sales team as a subject matter expert in real-time systems guiding customers to the ideal solution.
- Provide sales call support, technical leadership in customer meetings including preparing technical supporting materials; presenting and explaining product capabilities, features and benefits; demonstrating products, and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Support customer technology evaluations including lab trials and proof of concepts.
- Serves as a customer advocate. Communicates possible process improvements and products based on customer input and requirements.
- Works closely with development to provide customer insights and drive the R&D direction.
- Continually maintain and improve technical skills required for the position by participating in a variety of training programs and seminars.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Preferred 3 years or more experience in Linux, Real-time systems, software development tools, C or C++ programming, RTOS for Embedded Systems, Automotive or Aerospace HWIL, and simulation/modeling concepts.
- Preferred 2+ years in a customer facing position.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Ability to travel to customer meetings and events with little notice.
- May travel occasionally
Based on experience and education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).